Say “Happy Valentine’s Day” with tickets for the Believe in Blue Gala raffle and a chance to win a romantic Royal de Versailles 18-karat white gold heart pendant set with mother of pearl and diamonds valued at more than $11,000.
February is raffle month at Upper Canada College, and Feb. 14 is Valentine’s Day. So why not take this opportunity to support your boys and say “I love you” to their mom by ordering a book of raffle tickets. In addition to the romantic 18-karat white gold heart pendant other fabulous prizes include: a 2012 Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle courtesy of John ’71 and Michael ’97 Carmichael at City Buick Chevrolet Cadillac; and Platinum-level Toronto Maple Leafs tickets and dinner at Real Sports Bar.
The winning raffle ticket will be chosen at the sold-out May 12 Believe in Blue Gala, an important component of UCC’s campaign to raise funds and position the school as a global leader in boys’ education.
Whether you order raffle tickets or not, why not treat your loved one to special Valentine’s Crepes for Breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- red food color
- extra butter to cook with
- Raspberry Preserves
- Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/ 2 cup ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp strong coffee
- Combine 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla food color, and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling by mixing all filling ingredients with mixer until well combined and smooth, set aside.
- After batter sits for one hour, heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare crepes by spreading a one inch wide strip of raspberry preserves down center of crepe, then top with cream cheese filling.
- Fold each side of crepe over filling and plate.
- Melt Chocoate in microwave on Medium for about 60 seconds and drizzle over crepes.
Thanks to tidymom.net for this Red Velvet Crepe Recipe: